Word Mapping | Blend Words | The Moffatt Girls
This Science of Reading (SoR) aligned resource is packed full of practice for Blend words! This Science of Reading aligned resource teaches students how map words by connecting the speech sounds (phonemes) to the letters or combination of letters, (graphemes). Students will be able to orthographically map a word by identifying the sounds of the words in each picture given. Next, they will use their phonemic blending skills to decode, or sound out, the word. After that, students will graph the word by writing letters in boxes for each sound they hear. Finally, students will blend the word and write the word.
*Please note that this is a downloaded pdf file. No physical product will be sent to you.
How to Use this Resource:
- ⭐ Say it: Students begin by identifying the picture and saying the word.
- ⭐ Tap it: Students use their fingers to tap out the sounds that they hear in each word.
- ⭐ Map it: Students sound out the word, place a chip or dab the circle for each sound they hear.
- ⭐ Graph it: Students write the letter(s) for each sound to spell the word. Blend the word and read the word.
- ⭐ Write it: Students write the word on the lines, stamp the word, or build the word with magnetic letters.
Each page set includes 5 blend words. / 40 pages included!
NOTE: This resources is best used with small groups or one-on-one. Some of the pictures may be challenging for students to decipher. However, each pages includes an upside down key on the bottom left hand corner.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
⭐⭐Be sure to follow the Moffatt Girls on:⭐⭐
- Visit my blog at The Moffatt Girls Blog
- Follow me on Facebook
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my FREE private group, The Moffatt Girls-Engage Group, to see how other teachers, parents, and homeschoolers are using and organizing Moffatt Girl Curriculum! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐