Celebrate the end of the year, as you review math and literacy skills, with this Ice Cream Shop Mystery End of the Year Digital Escape Room! Your students will be highly engaged as they complete 8 different challenges to solve the mystery of the missing ice cream supplies and build a sundae!
After they complete each challenge, they will move further along the path. A hidden sundae supply will be uncovered after each challenge. Once all 8 ice cream day activities have been completed, they will have collected all of the supplies for a big sundae!
There are 4 math and 4 literacy ice cream day activities included in PowerPoint, Google Slides and Seesaw. Targeted skills: recognizing rhymes, counting syllables, identifying digraphs, isolating medial sounds, ordering numbers 1-10, adding fluently within 5, modeling subtraction problems, and extending patterns.
These digital end of the year activities are no prep, so they can be completed during remote instruction, as well as in-person learning. Choose to use the digital escape room for whole or small group instruction, or assign it as an independent activity.
Save time and make the end of the year a memorable (and learning-filled) celebration with these virtual end of the year activities!
A note from the ice cream shop attendant reads:
I have a special treat.
Yes, it is true.
But first I need,
Some help from you!
The supplies are lost,
As you can see.
Where they are,
It’s a mystery!
Collect each one,
Along the way.
So we can build,
A big sundae!
1. Ice Cream Challenge - Count the syllables for each picture, and drag it to the correct basket.
2. Sundae Challenge - Drag the ice cream scoops to complete each number sentence. Then, type the answer.
3. Milkshake Challenge - Listen for the beginning digraph (ch, sh, th, wh), and drag each picture to the correct milkshake.
4. Cone Challenge - Drag the numbers into the correct order beginning with the number 1.
5. Cherry Challenge - Listen for the middle sound, and drag each cherry on top the correct sundae.
6. Sprinkles Challenge - Drag the correct number of sprinkles to the sundae to solve the problem. Type the answer.
7. Scoop Challenge - Drag each picture into the empty ice cream scoop above its rhyming picture.
8. Popsicle Challenge - Say the pattern. Then, drag the popsicles to finish each pattern.
You might also enjoy these other end of the year digital escape room activities!
Ice Cream Shop Mystery
The Case of the Beach Bandit
The Case of the Camping Caper
Thank you for visiting my store! Don't forget to follow my store for updates and fun FREEBIES!
Enjoy and happy teaching!
One Sharp Bunch | Facebook Page | Instagram | TikTok