This comprehensive back to school review packet for math, reading, and grammar is versatile and effective. Easily use these first week of school activities for 5th grade as a math and literacy review at the beginning of the year in 5th grade. These can also be used as a review or assessment at the end of year for 4th grade. This review packet is designed to meet both needs. It's adaptable and impactful, making it an exceptional resource for either reviewing or assessing!
Not just busy work!
In each activity, students are challenged with questions covering important topics like solving equations, using punctuation in dialogue correctly, making inferences, and so much more.
- 25 pages of reading, language arts, and math review
- 12 Reading/ELA Activities
- 12 Math Activities
- All Answer Keys
⭐Reading Literature, Informational Text, Grammar Review, Math Activities, and More!
Reading/ELA skills included in this download:
- Making Inferences
- Allusions in Mythology
- Elements of Poetry
- Main Idea and Details
- Context Clues
- Author’s Reasons and Evidence
- Numerical Prefixes
- Punctuation in Dialogue
- Coordinating Conjunctions
- Relative Pronouns
- Similes and Metaphors
Math skills included in this download:
- Rounding Whole Numbers
- Factors, Multiples, Primes, and Composites
- Multiplying Whole Numbers
- Long Division Practice
- Multiply and Divide Word Problems
- Measurement Conversions
- Area and Perimeter
- Measuring Angles with a Protractor
- Equivalent Fractions
- Compare and Order Fractions
- Fraction Word Problems
- Classifying 2D Shapes
These activities are perfect for…
- beginning of year 5th grade | first week of school 5th grade
- end of year 4th grade| last week of school 4th grade
- morning work
- early finishers
- small groups
- partner work
- literacy centers
- math centers
- sub plans
⭐Perfect for reviewing skills at the end of 4th grade or the beginning of 5th grade!
The best part?
This resource is NO PREP and easy to use! With this versatile back to school review packet, both 5th grade and 4th grade teachers can benefit by reviewing important skills or assessing student progress. It's the perfect tool for end-of-year assessments or targeted skill improvement - a must-have for reviewing or assessing!
In this one convenient resource, you can…
- have ready-to-go activities that will help your students review and improve 5th grade skills at the beginning of 5th grade (or) assess 4th grade skills before the school year ends.
- use this packet during the first week of school in 5th grade to minimize classroom chaos while also reviewing important skills
- use this packet during the last week of school in 4th grade as a review or assessment
- send home during the summer months to help 4th grade students review skills they learned during the school year
- use these pre-made activities as sub plans throughout the year when you need to take a day (or week) off!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
RL.4.1, RL.4.4, RL.4.7
RI.4.2, RI.4.4, RI.4.8
L.4.1.A, L.4.2.B, L.4.2.C, L.4.5.A
4.NBT.3, 4.NBT.5, 4.NBT.6
4.OA.2, 4.OA.3, 4.OA.4
4.NF.1, 4.NF.2, 4.NF.4