Comprehension Construction Toolkits (compatible with text or reading series) provide your elementary students with simple, hands-on applications of key comprehension and word work skills. These kits are ideal for small group reading instruction or guided reading as students build and discuss components of the text as a group.
Multi-sensory literacy tasks are supported by the Science of Reading!
The routines appeal to visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learners because students are provided a visual, yet concrete way to “build” each piece of the text as they comprehend and explain it. They can further demonstrate their understanding by writing or drawing on the provided graphic organizers for each skill. The graphic organizers can either be copied or placed inside reusable page protectors for students to write and wipe responses.
Includes the following 21 comprehension and word word skills for K-3rd grade:***ALSO INCLUDES BOTH SPANISH AND FRENCH TRANSLATIONS!
- Page 3: How to Use
- Pages 4-5: Suggested Supplies Checklists
- Page 6: Box Covers
- Page 7: Lid inserts (student routines)
- Pages 8-9: Retelling
- Pages 10-11: Sequencing
- Pages 12-13: Chain of Events
- Pages 14-15: Beginning, Middle, End
- Pages 16-17: Story Elements
- Pages 18-19: Main Idea and Details
- Pages 20-21: Topic and Subtopics
- Pages 22-23: Cause and Effect
- Pages 24-25: Compare and Contrast
- Pages 26-27: Summarizing
- Pages 28-29: Vocabulary
- Pages 30-31: Character Descriptions
- Pages 32-33: Problem, Solution, Lesson
- Pages 34-35: Inferencing
- Pages 36-37: Author’s Purpose
- Pages 38-39: Blending and Segmenting Sounds
- Pages 40-41: Contractions
- Pages 42-43: Compound Words
- Pages 44-45: Stretching Words and Sounds
- Pages 46-47: Rhyming Words
- Pages 48-49: Syllable Count
- Page 36: Credits