Grab these 1st and 2nd Grade Reading Fluency Poems with repeated reading fluency activities and comprehension questions to help students build their fluent reading skills. These activities are great for small groups, literacy centers, or to send home. You can create fluency poem folders for students to complete with you during small groups or as a whole group. Students will focus on fluency skills as they practice reading aloud each poem, multiple times.
Reasons to use Fluency Poems:
- To help students develop their fluent reading skills.
- To focus on fluency with poetry.
- To help students improve reading with accuracy, reading with expression, and reading for meaning!
- To build readers’ confidence.
- To have a ready to use poetry resource for literacy centers, small groups, or to send home!
- 15 engaging 1st and 2nd Grade level fluency poems
- 2 formats of each poem (full page with color, black & white with activities and questions)
Fluency activities for each poem (repeated reading)
Comprehension questions for each poem
- Fluency Poem Folder Cover
- Answer Key for comprehension questions