Winter Escape Room Activities and Centers Christmas Party Games | Printable Classroom Resource | One Sharp Bunch
Celebrate winter, as you review math and literacy skills, with these highly engaging winter centers! The Case of the Cocoa Caper Winter Escape Room involves 6 or 8 different winter centers / challenges where students eliminate the suspects and discover who has stolen the hot cocoa!
These Winter Escape Room activities can be used as a Christmas Party or winter math and literacy centers.
Take the stress out of planning a Christmas Party or winter celebration that is magical and educational with these Winter Escape Room activities! This will be a winter your students never forget!
Set the stage with a note from the hot chocolate stand worker:
As we sat down,
For a cozy treat,
We discovered something,
Not so sweet.
The cocoa was missing.
It all disappeared.
Who could have taken it?
A critter we feared.
Complete each challenge,
To receive a clue.
Read each one,
And find out who!
After the students complete each challenge, they will receive a clue from the culprit. A suspect will be eliminated after each challenge. Once all of the winter centers have been completed, they will have eliminated all but one suspect!
There are 4 math and 4 literacy winter centers included. Black and white option included. Targeted skills:
- recognizing rhyming words
- segmenting CVC words
- identifying middle sounds
- recognizing high frequency words
- decomposing numbers 1-5
- identifying numbers before and after
- measuring with nonstandard units
- subtracting fluently within 5
- Earmuff Challenge - Build the earmuffs by matching the pictures that rhyme.
- Mitten Challenge - Segment the CVC word and match the mittens.
- Snowball Challenge - Stretch out the word and identify the missing middle sound.
- Hot Cocoa Challenge - Read each word. Then, build the word with the marshmallow letters.
- Penguin Challenge - Find the missing part for each number bond.
- Snowflake Challenge - Count the snowflakes. Then, identify the number before and after.
- Polar Bear Challenge - Measure each polar bear using the snowflake ruler.
- Snowman Challenge - Count the snowmen, cover the melting snowmen and write the number sentence.
You might also enjoy these other Christmas / Winter activities!
I hope your students love these Winter escape room activities!
Keeping our little learners SHARP together!