Valentine's Day Escape Room Activities and Centers Valentines Day Party Games | Printable Classroom Resource | One Sharp Bunch
Celebrate Valentine's Day, as you review math and literacy skills, with these highly engaging Valentine's Day centers! The Case of the Vanishing Valentines Valentine's Day Escape Room involves 6 or 8 different Valentine's Day centers / challenges where students eliminate the suspects and discover who has stolen the Valentines!
These Valentine's Day Escape Room activities can be used as a Valentine's Day Party or Valentine themed math and literacy centers.
Take the stress out of planning a Valentine's Day Party that is magical and educational with these Valentine's Day centers! This will be a Valentine's Day your students never forget!
Set the stage with a note from Cupid:
Poor little Cupid,
Worked so hard,
To make each of his friends,
A pretty card.
He turned around,
And they were gone!
He noticed animal prints,
Across the lawn.
Who took the cards,
And where did they go?
Complete each challenge,
And you will know!
After the students complete each challenge, they will receive a clue from the culprit. A suspect will be eliminated after each challenge. Once all of the Valentine's Day centers have been completed, they will have eliminated all but one suspect!
There are 4 math and 4 literacy Valentine's Day centers included. Black and white option included. Targeted skills:
- recognizing beginning digraphs (ch, sh, th & wh)
- counting syllables
- identifying middle sounds
- composing sentences and recognizing high frequency words
- decomposing the number 10
- identifying numbers before and after
- recognizing 3D shapes
- adding with number bonds
- Love Note Challenge - Sort the pictures by syllables.
- Flower Challenge - Listen for the beginning digraph, and match the flower to the correct vase.
- Cupid Challenge - Stretch out the word and identify the missing middle sound.
- Heart Challenge - Build each sentence, write the missing word and color the hearts to match.
- Bee Challenge - Decompose the number 10 by counting the hearts and writing the number sentence.
- Cookie Challenge - Count the sprinkles on each cookie to find the sum and complete the number bond.
- Arrow Challenge - Use the number line to find the number before and after the number inside the heart.
- Key Challenge - Roll a die, and cover the corresponding 3D shape.
You might also enjoy these other February / March activities!
I hope your students love these Valentine's Day escape room activities!
Keeping our little learners SHARP together!