St. Patrick's Day Escape Room Activities and Centers | Printable Classroom Resource | One Sharp Bunch
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day, as you review math and literacy skills, with these highly engaging St. Patrick's Day centers! The Case of the Hidden Gold St. Patrick's Day Escape Room involves 6 or 8 different St. Patrick's Day centers / challenges where students eliminate the suspects and discover who has stolen the gold!
These St. Patrick's Day centers can be used as a St. Patrick's Day Party or St. Patrick's Day themed math and literacy centers.
Take the stress out of planning a St. Patrick's Day that is magical and educational with these St. Patrick's Day Escape Room activities! This will be a St. Patrick's Day your students never forget!
Set the stage with a note:
St. Patrick’s Day,
Is finally here!
Before he left,
He hid the gold.
There was no one,
That he told.
He made himself,
A great disguise.
If you find him,
You get his prize!
After the students complete each challenge, they will receive a clue from the culprit. A suspect will be eliminated after each challenge. Once all of the St. Patrick's Day centers have been completed, they will have eliminated all but one suspect!
There are 4 math and 4 literacy St. Patrick's Day centers included. Black and white option included. Targeted skills:
- recognizing beginning blends (bl, cl, pl & sl)
- decoding silent e words
- substituting middle sounds
- composing sentences and recognizing high frequency words
- decomposing teen numbers (ten and some more)
- identifying teen numbers in base ten format
- recognizing 3D shapes
- measuring with nonstandard units
- Coin Challenge - Sort the pictures by beginning blend (bl, cl, pl & sl).
- Rainbow Challenge - Decode the silent e words by matching the picture to the word.
- Leprechaun Challenge - Stretch out the word and substitute the middle sound.
- Hat Challenge - Build each sentence and write the missing word.
- Horseshoe Challenge - Use the ten frames to determine each number 11-20.
- Pot of Gold Challenge - Count the base ten blocks and find the number that matches.
- Shape Challenge - Identify the 3D shapes and their corresponding face.
- Shamrock Challenge - Measure each sweet treat using shamrocks.
You might also enjoy these other February / March activities!
I hope your students love these escape room activities for St. Patrick's Day!
Keeping our little learners SHARP together!