End of the Year Circus Theme Day Escape Room Activities and Centers | Printable Classroom Resource | One Sharp Bunch
Celebrate the end of the year, as you review math and literacy skills, with these highly engaging circus theme centers! The Case of the Missing Peanuts End of the Year Escape Room involves 6 or 8 different challenges / circus theme centers to eliminate the suspects and discover who has stolen the peanuts!
These Circus Day Escape Room activities can be used for a Circus Day, an End of Year Party or end of the year themed math and literacy centers.
Make the end of the year a memorable (and learning-filled) celebration with these circus theme centers!
Set the stage with a note from Miss Elephant:
I’ve looked high and low,
Left and right,
But my tasty peanuts,
Are out of sight!
Will you help me,
Search for my treat?
Let’s find those peanuts,
So I can eat!
Tackle each challenge,
To receive a clue.
Eliminate the suspects,
And find out who!
After the students complete each challenge, they will receive a clue from the culprit. A suspect will be eliminated after each challenge. Once all of the circus day centers have been completed, they will have eliminated all but one suspect!
There are 4 math and 4 literacy circus theme centers included. Black and white option included. Targeted skills:
- identifying ending digraphs
- counting syllables
- decoding cvc words
- recognizing upper and lowercase letters
- comparing lengths
- identifying 3D shapes
- composing teen numbers
- modeling addition problems
- Cotton Candy Challenge - Match the upper and lowercase letters.
- Peanut Challenge - Count the number of syllables and sort the pictures.
- Balloon Challenge - Decode each CVC word, and match the picture to the correct word.
- Tent Tickets - Listen for the ending digraph (ch, sh, th, ck), and sort each picture under the correct tent.
- Clown Challenge - Order the clowns from the shortest to the tallest.
- Seal Challenge - Sort the real life pictures by 3D shape.
- Cannon Challenge - Match the ten frames to the correct teen number.
- Juggling Challenge - Model each equation to solve the addition problem.
You might also enjoy these other end of the year activities!
I hope your students love these end of the year escape room activities!
Keeping our little learners SHARP together!